Information on the processing of personal data
Pursuant to the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC, Hereinafter referred to as "the regulation", we inform that:
- The administrator of your personal data is Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń with its registered office in Toruń, address: Gagarina 11 Street, 87-100 Toruń, hereinafter referred to as the university.
- The university has appointed the Data Protection Officer; address: Data Protection Officer, Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń, Gagarina 7 Street, 87-100 Toruń; e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone number 56 611 27 42.
- The processing of your personal data is necessary to fulfill the legal obligations that are incumbent on the University - the law on Higher Education and Science (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1669), - of 20 July 2018 – Law on Higher Education and Science (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1668, as amended). Data of special categories may be processed on the basis of art. 9.2.b GDPR in connection with the legal obligation resulting from the Act of May 13, 2016 on counteracting the threats of sexual crime, in the case of practices and other activities undertaken by you with minors.
- Providing personal data is voluntary; however, processing the data by the university is necessary to process the application in the Internet Registration of Candidates (IRK) - set up an account and conduct recruitment procedure, refusal to provide it will result in the inability to recruit.
- You have the right to request access to personal data, the right to rectification, erasure or restriction of processing, and the right to object to the processing and the right to transfer personal data processed in information systems.
- The personal data you provide will be stored in a manner allowing identification for a period of 6 months or for the recovery of claims related to the admission.
- Access to your personal data will be granted to authorized employees of the University, including members of recruitment committees who process data in connection with the recruitment process.
- Your personal data will not be shared with other entities apart from administrative authorities in the situations provided for by the law.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection.